J & K miserable in Phoenix

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Party poo poos.

Do any of you ever worry that when you have a party that no one will show up? I guess that is some sort of social anxiety or esteem issue on my part. My husband Joe's birthday is at the beginning of summer. When you are a kid, a summer birthday is the kiss of death. Families vacation during summer and you don't have the schoolroom well to draw friends from. Joe's mom shared a particularly awful birthday story with me that drives me to make all birthdays for Joe ROCK. When Joe was 6 or 7, they planned a party at Peter Piper Pizza (like Chuck e Cheese) . Little Joe sat at the window waiting for friends and NO ONE showed. It is now an obsession of mine to never have a sad birthday for my Joey. The enthusiasm levels for this party are just not up to par. The luau we had two years ago was amazing. Everyone showed up in Hawaiian shirts and wraps and bikini tops. I don't mind saying I am aliitle worried about this one. Plus there is added pressure. My best friend flew in from Ohio to come to the party and we are flying in his cousin from Florida. Maybe pirates are not as popular as I thought. I need xanax =(. Ho hum.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

ohhh Katie- have faith. We will be thinking good thoughts from Philly. Wish we could be there.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pirates rule. And if someone complains about it... make 'em walk the plank! Ahoy, maties!

6:15 PM  
Blogger LizzieDaisy said...

I have xanax. Makes me sick. Never took the buggers. Ugh. You may have them. Ick. :) Looks like everything turned out wonderfully.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Xanax never made me sick but the zoloft made me sick as hell.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home