J & K miserable in Phoenix

Monday, June 06, 2005

People really have these things as pets??

Today I have decided that I am either running for wife of the century or Jesus. My husband has a crazy idea that a tarantula would be a lovely and interesting pet. My opinion of them is considerably different. I find them revolting and want to vomit at the mere site. But since his birthday is this weekend I strengthened my will and drove to an exotic pet store. It may have taken me five minutes to get out of the car, and I may have had shaking hands and knocking knees when I was standing in front of the "wall of tarantulas" and I may have been holding Heathers hand/arm with a death grip, but dammit, I walked out of that pet store with the most disgusting thing I have ever held in a box far away from my body. So, wife of the century or Jesus. Not sure where the voting will be held but I'll keep ya updated.


There is a giant spider in my house. On purpose. As Stan Marsh would say, "This is some fucked up shit right here dude."

8 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Ewwww! We are DEFINITELY not staying with you now. YUCK!! Joe is lucky to have someone who loves him enough to make this sacrifice. I don't want to be struck by lightning, so I'm going to go with Wife of the Century. You rock!!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Charlotte, I think you are the only person who reads my blog. Thanks for being a faithful reader.
=)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Sue reads it, too. Last night she was complaining, "See.. the thing Kate needs to understand about blogging is that she has to do it every day or I will go through withdrawls." The way to get more readers is to go to other blogs that interest you and leave comments. Did you figure out how to load pictures or do you want help?

12:45 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Kate, I'm reading your blog...
Thanks for stopping by mine and commenting.

I agree with Wanda and Stan. I don't think I could handle it having a hairy spider in my home ON PURPOSE!

I'll vote for Jesus; because I'm that kind of rebellious girl.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Book Bums said...

Thanks for checking out my blog...I can't wait to see the pictures from the party...what a great theme!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

i read--

does this mean i can have a snake?? If joe gets a spider do i get a snake???
(looking cute)
pleaaaase

10:55 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks to all the new readers! You guys ROCK! =) I will try to post a spidy pic tonight.. and Sue, NOO SNAKES! Oh, and Wanda.. I will try to figure out how to change so anyone can comment.. I am not much use at the "puter" yet.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

You can look as cute as you want to... NO FREAKING SNAKES!!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home