J & K miserable in Phoenix

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Labrador retrievers are the most popular breed why??

Okay, so I told Charlotte about this but I figure I will share my humiliation with all my blogging buddies. As you know from a previous post my air conditioning on my house went out on Sunday so we had to stay at my in laws. We had to take our yellow labs Max and Sam with us because it was like 100 degrees in the house. We load up both cars (because we had to both work on Monday morning) and drive to Joe's parents. When we get there we immediately put the dogs out back to do their business before bedtime. So Joe, myself and both his parents are sitting at the island that separates the family room from the kitchen, chatting before we all go to sleep for the evening. I am thanking them for letting us stay and apologizing for the suddeness of our visit. Joe gets up to let the boys in. Now, we have not been there 5 minutes, keep that in mind. Max comes loping in the house and immediately sits down and starts to drag his ass across the carpet. We yell for him to cease his revolting behavior and to my horror when he rises, he has left a skid. I was mortified. Apologies immediately came forth and Joe ran to get the carpet cleaner. Seriously, remind me why I have dogs again??

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

And Sue, How many times can I enter the funny story contest?? I want those damn cookies.

6:35 PM  
Blogger fretster said...

now, i have to think, to have dogs or not.. but its funny.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Paste said...

Physical - They get you out of the house for long walks.

New friends - Dog walkers always stop for a chat and go 'ah what a sweetie, what's his / her name?'. Actually this one is sometimes a bit of a problem when some wierdo with a nice dog starts treating you as his/her long lost buddie!

Emotional - to see on a daily basis a wagging tail is better than any Antidepressant.

Love - Unconditional love and devotion makes most people feel better!

Need I go on?

7:20 AM  
Blogger maceydoo said...

OMG!! How embarassing!! It would be one thing if it was your family, but there is something about in laws!! Even if you have a great relationship with them, it's still bad! I hope he doesn't have worms?
Lisa

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home