J & K miserable in Phoenix

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Kennedy Space Center

Our day at Kennedy Space Center started out like most of our days in Florida and Disney in general... Hurry up and wait. The bus was an hour late picking us up and all I could think of was wow, I could have gotten another hour of sleep!!! But I was just bitter and sleep deprived. The bus came and we were on our way. It was 45 minutes away and the bus so cold I thought I was in the end scene of the Shining. We finally arrived and had to be practically strip searched to enter the facility. (note to self, leave the pipe bomb at home next time) Anyway.. it really was neat. We saw a couple of films and got to see the actual command station computer consoles used in the moon landing. We saw Apollo 8, the first shuttle to go from Earth to the moon, around and back. It is impossible to describe how giant this thing was. You literally have to see it to believe it. The sign said it is the length of 2.4 Statue of Liberty's.

We saw the new IMAX 3D with Tom Hanks and got to go inside the space shuttle Explorer. The all day tour ended at the rocket garden and the memorial to the fallen astronauts. It was very moving. Then the bus picked us up and little Belle (my 5 year old neice) decided she wanted to sit with me on the bus ride back to the hotel. I have never been a human pillow before. It was interesting. She is a sweet kid. I have no idea why she likes me so much. =).

Hope you all have a great start to your week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paste said...

We went a couple of years ago, its a great day out, good pictures, you seem to have enjoyed yourself, I agree about the Apollo is was incredible.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home