J & K miserable in Phoenix

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Weekly epiphany, hopefully.

Websters defines LOVE as ; A deep tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person ; a feeling of intense desire and attraction ; intense emotional attachment.

I am not sure if Noah Webster or Charles Merriam were ever in love but wow, it must have been.. just.. well.. .. mediocre. Do you ever sit across from your love and think *sigh* I have tender, ineffable feelings for you. ???? God, I truly hope not.

I have been having a wierd few weeks. Summers are bad for me and I have been sketchy lately so this was welcome. I was having dinner with Joe yesterday and I had an epiphany. (unbeknownst to him, I am sure) He had just gotten home from work so he was still in his button up and his hair was done and I thought to myself , "God, I love this man so much. He is so handsome and sweet and funny. He makes me feel SO amazing." I have no words for my emotions, only that I .. well that's it.. no words. What on earth did I do to deserve someone like that?

It's funny. I have stronger feelings for Joe now, than I did when we were dating and in the magical first six months stage. You know, the one where you can't keep your eyes (hands) off each other and you stay up on the phone all night together talking about nothing and everything?

When I was younger (I know I am not old) I can remember thinking that love was a certain way. It was rose petals and champagne and effortless. Everything was always perfect and you got married and were full of passion 24 hours a day and had your 2.5 kids and your matching labradors.

I had no idea that actually loving and being in a marriage was so full of work. Everyday. Ya know what? I love the work. I don't mind that he doesn't put the toilet paper on the roll. I am okay with the kitchen being wrecked after he has cooked in it. I don't even mind that he is terrible with money and spends a lot that he shouldn't. Here is why.. because I love seeing him sleeping at 3 am all bundled under 2 blankets and stuffed into six pillows. I love the way he smells.. not cologne.. the way he smells. I love the way he looks at me with eyes that are like a child seeing me for the first time. I love the way that he has no problem apologizing when he is wrong and that I don't mind it either. I have learned that pride has no place in love. And I learned it from Joe.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

wow.....i want to say something but all i can say is ....wow

3:25 AM  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Awww.... you LOVE him! You really, really LOVE him. We love him, too. (Almost as much as we love you.) Love is work, but it's the kind that has fabulous rewards.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Book Bums said...

Weird...I was thinking the same thing about my husband last night. It was one of those great evenings that we just hung out and did nothing "special"...but then that actually MADE it special...

9:08 AM  
Blogger maceydoo said...

I loved this post! You two are so lucky to of find each other!
Love goes in cycles I think!
My hubby has asked me, Is this a love week or hate week? LOL!
Lisa

4:52 AM  
Blogger Paste said...

And from the guy's point of view - Well first I'm British so not really into all this gushing emotion but I've been married for 24 years to Alison and whilst there are times when we don't agree, times when we don't get on and times when we really should make up quicker than we do, I really hope we have at least another 24 years together.
That was pretty sentimental by my standards!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Awwwww Dave! You are so sweet! Don't give me that Brits are unemotional crap! =) You are a big softie!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a neat and sacred thing you have shared this with me. I understand much better why you are so happy most of the time despite the lack of joy for you at work. You do bring a bit of bright sunlight into work each day

Richard

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home